High Value Home Insurance
Protect your high value home’s expensive furnishing and valuables with the right policy. Serving San Francisco and all of California.
If you have invested a great deal of wealth in your home, typical homeowners insurance policies may not be suitable for you. You may need specialized insurance to cover damages or losses.
Jessica Liu Insurance Services can help you find the best coverage to meet your unique needs and provide the most valuable combination of tailored coverage, quality service, and fair pricing.
Generally, homeowners policies have limitations on valuable items. Coverage for many valuables is usually limited to $1,000 to $5,000 and excludes coverage for items that are broken, misplaced, or lost.
What is Considered to be a “High Value Home”?
Generally, high value homes are considered to be home worth at least $750,000, although there is slight variation among different insurance companies. Some other companies begin offering high value home insurances for homes and estates valued at $1 million or more. Home values and prices differ by location and different insurance companies require different valuation that may or may not qualify your home for high value coverage.
For home with this kind of value, standard homeowners insurance may not be an ideal fit. Owners of high value homes tend to have higher value items on display which could cause more of a concern for loss due to theft than other homeowners. Additionally, many expensive luxury items appreciate in value rather than depreciate, making it difficult to place a value following a loss. Examples of this include expensive or original fine art, wine cellars stalked with aged-wine, and custom stained-glass windows.
It pays to look around at different companies before you purchase a policy, and we at Jessica Liu Insurance can help you with that. If you feel that your home has been invested with a great deal of wealth that may exceed the normal limitations for standard home insurance policies, you should consider discussing high value home insurance with one of our independent agents who can help determine your needs and find you the best coverage.
Common Coverage Options
In addition to standard homeowners insurance coverage, high value home insurance offers several other coverage options that can provide full coverage for all your needs.
- Excess liability and umbrella liability coverage – full coverage to handle lawsuits and fines and hiring legal advisors
- Liability insurance to cover domestic help – covers medical expenses and damages if anyone should be injured in your home
- Flood insurance – provides coverage against floods to a certain extent
- Identity theft insurance – protects you against losses due to stolen identity
- Kidnap and random insurance – assists you in the event of a kidnap and ransom incident and can cover the cost of hiring an expert negotiator
- Valuable articles coverage – protects valuables that are generally left out in most homeowners insurance policies including collectibles like art, jewelry, guns, and more
- Coverage for vacation homes – includes coverage for other structures including pool houses and vacation homes
- Medical coverage for your pets – provides medical insurance policies to cover vet bills and could cover boarding for your pets in the case of excessive damage to your home
PROTECT THE THINGS THAT MATTER TO YOU
Make an inventory of your home and personal belongings. If possible, make a list as well as take photos or video — using two inventory methods can help expedite the claim resolution process. Keep this list somewhere other than your home. Keep in mind that your policy doesn’t cover damages caused by poor or deferred maintenance on your part.
Every home is unique – talk to us today to find out how to get the best price and value on high value home insurance for you.
Need an insurance quote? Get in touch!
Access quotes from California's most trusted insurance carriers. It’s comparison shopping at the click of a mouse.