Navigate the confusing world of health insurance with help from an independent agent. Serving San Francisco and all of California.
A healthy body is a happy body, and there’s no better way to preserve you and your family’s health than with a health insurance policy from Jessica Liu Insurance Services.
Let’s face it, medical treatments aren’t cheap. Without health insurance coverage you could end up paying off medical bills for the rest of your life.
Jessica Liu Insurance Services can help you find an affordable healthcare plan that’s right for you. Call 415-386-2283 and talk with one of our friendly agents today to learn more.
Major Types of Health Coverage
There are basically four major types of health insurance policies for California residents to choose from EPO, HMO, POS, and PPO.
These health insurance plans help cover your medical, surgical, and hospital expenses. They may even cover dental expenses, mental health services, and prescription drugs, depending on the coverage you choose.
- Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO): A managed care plan where services are covered only if you use doctors, specialists, or hospitals in the plan’s network (except in an emergency).
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO): A type of health insurance plan that usually limits coverage to care from doctors who work for or contract with the HMO. It generally won’t cover out-of-network care except in an emergency. An HMO may require you to live or work in its service area to be eligible for coverage. HMOs often provide integrated care and focus on prevention and wellness.
- Point of Service (POS): A type of plan where you pay less if you use doctors, hospitals, and other health care providers that belong to the plan’s network. POS plans require you to get a referral from your primary care doctor in order to see a specialist.
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO): A type of health plan where you pay less if you use providers in the plan’s network. You can use doctors, hospitals, and providers outside of the network without a referral for an additional cost.
Common Health Insurance Terms
When discussing health insurance with your agent, it helps to understand some of the common terms you’ll run into. Below you’ll find definitions to some of the most common health insurance terms.
- Deductible — the amount of money you pay toward medical bills before your insurance coverage begins.
- Co-pay — a specified amount of money you pay upfront for doctor visits and prescription refills.
- Co-insurance — the percentage of medical bills you pay after meeting the deductible.
To learn more about health insurance, call Jessica Liu Insurance Services at 415-386-2283 and talk with one of our agents today. We’re right here in San Francisco, ready to guide you toward a more secure future.
Individual and Family
Health Insurance for Individuals and Families Ensure yours and your family’s health coverage with Jessica Liu Insurance Medical bills can be very expensive if you face a medical emergency or if something unexpected happens to you — like a car accident or a serious illness. Health insurance can help ease those costs and help you […]
Health Insurance for Small Businesses Build a healthy business with Jessica Liu Insurance Your employees are your greatest investment. Offering quality, affordable coverage through the “right” health insurance plan is one of the most important decisions you can make as a small business owner. We offer a wide range of health plans year-round so your […]
Affordable Care Act (ACA)
The Affordable Care Act Learn more about the Affordable Care Act (ACA or “Obamacare”) What is the Affordable Care Act? The Affordable Care Act (ACA), also known as “Obamacare” is a major health-care reform bill that was signed into law in 2010 by former president Barack Obama. How does the Affordable Care Act work? ObamaCare, […]
Obamacare/ Affordable Care Act Open Enrollment
What You Need to Know about Obamacare / Affordable Care Act Open Enrollment Key Dates For Open Enrollment 2020 (the 2019 – 2020 Open Enrollment Season For Plans Held in 2020) Thursday November 1, 2019. Open Enrollment begins. Saturday December 15, 2019: Open Enrollment ends (extensions may be granted). Wednesday January 1, 2020: The […]
Need an insurance quote? Get in touch!
Access quotes from California's most trusted insurance carriers. It’s comparison shopping at the click of a mouse.